2016 Plant Sale
The Yancey County Cooperative Extension Service is now taking orders for several different plants for the 2016 planting season.
Anyone desiring to order plants may do so at the Cooperative Extension Center located at 30 E. US Hwy 19E By-Pass during regular business hours (8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) or by mailing an application form (with payment) to Cooperative Extension Service, 30 E. US Hwy 19E By-Pass, Burnsville, NC, 28714. Click Word or PDF to view and print the Order Form.
- Three June Bearing strawberry varieties: Jewell, Allstar, and Earliglow. Three Day Neutral/everbearing varieties: Seascape, Albion and Tribute — $5.00/25, $18.00/hundred, $160.00/1000 for all varieties.
- Blueberry plants — $5.00 each (Varieties will be mixed for proper pollination).
- Red Raspberry plants — $2.00 each.
- Black Raspberry plants — $3.00 each.
- Blackberry plants (thornless) — $3.00 each.
- Asparagus (Jersey Knight, 1 yr/old crowns): — $.75 each. All-male variety, extremely vigorous, produces long, succulent spears, excellent flavor, resistant to rust, crown rot and fusarium, performs well in heavier soils.
- Horseradish — $3.00 each.
- Grapes: Concord (purple grapes); Niagra (white grapes — $5.00 each.
- Heirloom Apple Tree Varieties — $18.00 per tree. Varieties are: Red Sheepnose, Carolina Red June, Virginia Beauty, Yellow Bellflower, Yellow June/Early Transparent, Stayman Winesap, Early Strawberry, Sweet Russet, Virginia Gold, Wolf River, and Striped Early Harvest.
- Modern Apple Varieties: Big Red Gala, Golden Delicious and Jonagold.
Plant orders will be taken through March 23, 2016. Plants will be available for pickup on Tuesday, April 12 & Wednesday, April 13. All individuals who place orders will be notified of time and place to pick up plants. For additional information, please call 682-6186 or come by the Cooperative Extension Center.