2017 Small Farms Week Poster Contest
The Yancey County Small Farms Week 2017 Poster Contest is an educational activity that encourages youth to learn about the farming industry across North Carolina and our local small farms.The theme for the 2017 Small Farms Week Poster Contest is “Growing a Safe and Sustainable Food System”. Youth should incorporate this theme into their posters. Please note the following rules:
- Competition in this contest will be conducted on an individual basis in Division I (9-12 years of age), Division II (13-15 years of age), and Division III (16-19 years of age) at the county level. Youth in Division IV (5-8 years of age) will participate on a non-competitive basis only and all will receive certificates and ribbons.
- Posters should be a standard 22″ X 28″ size.
- Posters MUST NOT contain copyright material such as cartoon characters, etc.
Please bring completed posters to Yancey 4-H Office, 30 East US Hwy 19E Bypass, by March 1st, 2017, to be judged at the county level.
Posters will be judged as 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. Winners will be awarded in each category as follows:
- First Place: $20 cash, certificate and ribbon
- Second Place: $10 cash, certificate and ribbon
- Third Place: $5 cash, certificate and ribbon
All winning posters will be displayed in a prominent place during NC A&T State University Small Farms Week, March 19-25, 2017.
NOTE: Each poster must have the Small Farms Week Poster Contest Scorecard , with the top portion completely filled out, taped to the back side of the poster. 2016 Yancey Small Farms Week POSTER CONTEST SCORECARD