Skip to main content

Logo for N.C. Cooperative Extension N.C. Cooperative Extension Homepage

Farm and Home Flood Recovery Resources

en Español

El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.

Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.

English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.

Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.

Collapse ▲

This is a collection of relevant resources to assist with flooding recovery efforts on the farm and in the home. Yancey County farmers that need assistance in documenting, and reporting damages that occurred as a result of the recent flooding to farms- crops, land, equipment, or infrastructure; or that would like assistance in planning recovery efforts in their farming operations can contact the N.C. Cooperative Extension, Yancey County Center by calling 828-682-6186 or send an email to:

David Davis – County Extension Director (For assistance with livestock, agronomic crop, or pesticide-related issues)

Sara Runkel– Horticulture Agent (For assistance with commercial nursery, vegetable production, or horticulture-related issues)

Adam McCurry– N.C. A&T State University Ag Technician (For assistance with small farm-related issues related to livestock, or horticultural crops)

Reporting Crop or Farm Production-Related Damages

 It is very important for Yancey County farmers to document and report crop and livestock damages that occur as a result of the recent flooding to the Farm Service Agency. The Farm Service Agency (FSA) Center that services our area can be contacted by calling (828) 682-0774. It is also important to document and report land and property (soil loss, structure loss, etc.) damages that occurred as a result of the recent flooding. Yancey County residents can contact Yancey County Soil and Water Conservation by calling (828) 682-2466. If you need any assistance or have questions regarding any farm-related damages, crop loss, or recovery needs, feel free to contact us at the N.C. Cooperative Extension, Yancey County Center (contact information above). You can also access the recent special issue of our agriculture newsletter that covers some relevant fam flood recovery information below.

Yancey County Agriculture Newsletter Special Issue

Access the Yancey County Center Ag Newsletter Special Issue

Additional Flood Recovery Resources

NC Disaster Information Center (Flood/Disaster Recovery Resources)

Reconditioning Flood Damaged Tractors

Handling and Clean Up Damaged Pesticide Containers at Home

Priorities for Home Clean Up and Repair

Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)- Recommended Equipment needed for Disaster Recovery