Yancey County 4-H Information
What is 4-H?
4-H is a community of young people across the nation who are learning leadership, citizenship and life skills through activities and programs. 4-H programs are designed to enable youth to “Learn by Doing”. The 4-H program is delivered by professionals and volunteers.
As a 4-H member, you have the opportunity to meet new people, make new friends, learn about projects, and participate in club trips, activities, and more!
What Do the Four H’s Stand For?
The four H’s represent:
- Head – managing, thinking
- Heart – developing friendships, relating, caring
- Hands – volunteering, giving
- Health – healthy living, taking care of yourself and the planet
Who Can Be in 4-H?
- Anyone ages 5-19
How Do I Join 4-H?
- Complete enrollment using this link to 4HOnline. Here are the instructions for you to follow.
- Contact Jordan English, 4-H Agent, or click on the green box below to complete an interest survey. We will then contact you with information about how your family can get involved in 4-H.
Click this link to sign up to receive our monthly Yancey County 4-H newsletter, and be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram for the latest news and updates!