Virtual “Dish-Off” Competition
As we approach N.C. A&T State University’s 2021 Small Farms Week event, we would like to share a fun and exciting opportunity for youth to participate in. This year, we are hosting a ‘virtual’ Dish-Off competition! Youth will prepare a dish in the safety of their home and be judged via Zoom by a panelist of judges. The criteria and all registration information has been listed below. We hope our young people will be excited to participate in our first “Dish-Off” experience!
Registration is required and will close on Monday, February 22, 2021, and can be completed at: Virtual Dish-Off Registration. If you have any questions, please contact Shannon Wiley at email@example.com.
- Register as an “individual”, no team registrations due to COVID-19 regulations. Youth will be grouped in the following divisions (please provide your age when registering):
- Intermediate Division: age 9-12
- Jr. Division: age 13-15
- Sr. Division: age 16-18
- Utilize ALL ingredients listed on the ingredient list. The list of ingredients will be provided upon registration.
- Provide your dish-off recipe to the event organizer prior to judging. The recipe should be emailed to Dr. Shannon Wiley (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than March 15, 2021.
- A first, second, & third-place winner will be selected in each category.
Judging Criteria – Judging will take place via Zoom on Tuesday, March 23 during the Small Farms Week festivities. Judging will begin at 5:30 p.m. Detailed information regarding participant judging time and Zoom login will be provided upon registration. All participants will be judged on the following criteria:
- Knowledge of My Plate
- Nutrition Knowledge
- Food Preparation and Practices
- Serving Size Information
- Cost Analysis of the Dish
- Appearance & Creativity of the Dish
We are excited and hope your youth will consider participating!!